Tuesday, May 22, 2012
Cat's Out of the Bag...
But God is so good! We're having another baby!! The Mr. and I are beyond thrilled and feel incredibly blessed to usher another little life into our family.
And God's timing is so perfect: the terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad morning sickness? All but vanished the day before I had planned to start potty training the Pookster.
Oh, and we're due on Christmas day.
But enough of the lovey-dovey stuff...now that my brain has come back online, I'd like to share a few Second Pregnancy Funnies...
1. KFC. First craving! I hadn't seen the Colonel--or tasted his chicken--since high school. Then I saw the stuff on TV and couldn't stop talking about it. The hubster okayed a night of fried chickeny goodness and I.pigged.out, felt oh-so-full and satisfied, left everything on the table so I could go lay on the couch and rub my belly in triumph.
An hour later, I walked toward the kitchen...and stopped dead in my tracks.
"Honey," I whined, my face pale. "Could you put that chicken away? The stink of it is making me sick."
My how quickly the tables turn...
2. By the end of the day, I'm already pulling the hair-tie-in-the-button-loop trick...even though I haven't put on any weight. First pregnancy? I put on 15 POUNDS in the first trimester but wore my jeans all the way to the third trimester. Different strokes...
3. Midnight pee sessions. Followed by a drink of water. Maybe a snack. And maybe another pee.
4. I was so very, very tired there for a while. I thought it was far worse than the last time, but my husband says I just don't remember. He remembers how I slept evenings away on the couch...and he was totally ready to catch up on playing Civ IV while listening to sports talk radio.
He says it's exactly like the first pregnancy...except we have a better computer.
5. Early on, I had some concerning pain and had to have an internal ultrasound. I wish that torture on no one--not even my greatest enemy (if I had one?). Not even the most heinous of novel villains.