Monday, September 10, 2012

WAR International

As a young mama bear living far from family support, I spend a lot of time with my daughter.  A lot.

Don't get me wrong, Professor Dear is great about letting me out of the house Saturday mornings to grocery shop, write, or just wander the aisles of Target to my heart's content to get away from home life...but I'm still here.  With the kiddo.  A lot.

The one day a year where I fly the coop overnight?  A state ladies' retreat.  This year was my second time going and I fully anticipated fellowship with the wonderful women of my church, roaming the camp, digging through the bookstore, learning from God's Word, and just enjoying myself.

And then the speaker's topic was human trafficking.  And things got heavy.



Don't get me wrong, Becky McDonald is a dynamic speaker who balanced her difficult, painful topic with a great deal of warmth and levity.  But I don't think anyone could walk away from her presentation thinking of herself.

So instead of telling you about the wonderful time I had, I would urge you to take a minute and head over to WAR International's website and learn how grave things are for our sisters around the world--facing forced prostitution, slavery, brutal abuse, and worse--and what we can do to help.

Please.  Please be informed.  Please take the time.  Your sisters need you.

http://www.warinternational.org/


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...