Friday, August 17, 2012

FMF: Stretch

Five Minute Friday




I'm linking up to 5 Minute Fridays, a weekly writing prompt shared among all bloggers who participate.  This week's theme is stretch.  You can find out all about it here.
GO.

But my life isn't moving toward stretching, even as my belly does.  Everything but my middle needs to shrink.

My outside obligations.  My go-go-go attitude.  My personal projects and wants.

Little people need a lot of love, a lot of time.  I've had plenty of time to go hither and thither with one little person and still fit everything into the day, but with two?  With two, I need to shrink to the outside world and stretch into this little home of ours.

There will be less escaping to the mall up the road.  Fewer trips to the grocery store just because one item is on super sale.

There will be a lot more popcorn made at home and snuggle time and Bible reading while the littlest one suckles and the big little one nuzzles in close by.  There will be a lot more demands on this mama's time and attention...and there's the stretch.

Can I pull away from my desires, my ambitions, my in-this-moment wants to love these little girls the way they deserve?

No, I can't.  Not of myself.  And so we walk into this next season of nesting and preparing, with hands folded in prayer and Bibles wide open.  Because I simply may not be ready to parent two little girls in my own strength...but by grace alone I don't have to.

STOP.

sd

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful post MK. ;) Yes, God gives the strength, we only receive it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this! It's so true, you will not be so eager to head to the grocery store! ;) And also so true that "by grace alone you don't have to." That is the greatest relief of all. So excited for you, MK! I am excited for you as this new season approaches, and I am so glad that He is preparing you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all the encouragement, Jen! It always helps to hear a good word from those who've been there. :D

      Delete
  3. Great post girl :) God will give us the grace to do what he's called us to do...I'm about to become a new momma and feel a little in denial about how much our lives will change...for the better ofcourse!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Charissa! I'll admit, I'm a little in denial, too: I'm going through the motions of planning for baby, but since I've already done this once, it doesn't seem real. It just feels like planning, not like a little bundle of love will be joining us!

      And definitely being a new mama will change you for the better, and you will love it. And struggle. And love it! ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...