Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Thanksgiving 6-12: Apples, quiet, and more...

Plenty to be thankful for in the last week!  These are mostly connected to events we've had--and have been very grateful for...

image via Sydney Millage's blog, Get Real:Farm Life in Iowa

6. Apples!  A dear friend had an abundance of apples, a free morning on her calendar, and enough graciousness to invite me (with two littles in tow) to her home to process apples.  I've got jars and jars full of applesauce (and even some apple pie filling!) plus two crisper drawers full of raw apples.  It's pretty apple-tastic.

7. A mentor.  This dear friend?  She speaks so much wisdom and love into my life, despite being the busiest person I know.  She amazes me, and she can amaze you, too, at her blog, Heart Quencher.

8. Library storytime boxes.  I wanted to "do school" with Pookie this year, but I've had trouble gaining any traction.  With these boxes, we take one home, read a bunch of stories on a given topic, play with a related toy, and use a rubber stamp as a jumping-off point.  We've discovered some great new stories this way!

9. The restorative power of an hour alone with a good book.
And a treat.  And a pop.  Even if it has to happen sitting in the car in the grocery store parking lot.

10. Angelina Ballerina, the musical.
What has two thumbs and scored fourth row seats?  This girl!

11. Wonderment in Pookie's eyes.
Which is the real reason the aforementioned ballerina mouse makes the list at all.  If I could bottle that wide-eyed look, I would.

12. Tired muscles.
Remember that California trip that I mentioned before?  I'll be packing a swimsuit, which means I've gone into last-ditch-effort workout mode.  It probably won't make much difference in a month, but the stretch and strain in my muscles feels good, and for that I am grateful.

What are you thankful for this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...