Thursday, July 12, 2012

Home again!

After ten days in Minnesota on my family's farm, I have plenty to say about our trip...but I'm not sure I could hold your attention all THAT long.  So, I'm taking a note out of Kari Patterson's book and doing a "thankful-for" post (inspired by her "Week's end with thanks" posts that show sweet snippets of her week and the blessings in it).



So, without further ado, I am so grateful for...
  • Safe travel.
  • Room to run and space to breathe.
  • Not cooking or cleaning.
  • Being back in the barn.
  • Visiting family and old friends.
  • Our first overnight getaway together since Pookie was born.
  • Health and recovery after looooooooong colds.
  • Air conditioning.
  • Celebrating Pookie's birthday with ones we love.
  • Lunch at the best Chinese place in the world.
  • Best gas station breakfast sandwiches...twice.
  • Rice Krispie bars made just for my birthday (if you're sensing a food pattern here, bear in mind that I am pregnant).
  • Brunch at an elegant restaurant, knowing my little brother {all-grown up} was behind the kitchen door making our food.
  • Long naps and restful nights.
  • Watching Pookie blossom and thrive on the farm.
  • Experiencing all my favorite things...and watching them happen through her eyes.
  • Picking raspberries.
  • Crying for the first five miles home...because it's always tough to see tears in your big, strong father's eyes.

And I think Pookie would have her own separate list:
  • Skipping breakfast until Grandpa comes in from the barn and makes eggs.
  • Going out to the barn.
  • My Curious George birthday party.
  • Two bouquets of birthday balloons.
  • Watermelon nearly every day.
  • The cows.
  • The new baby calf, Meg.
  • Red, the dog.
  • Charlie, the cat.
  • Chocolate always waiting for me in the barn fridge.
  • Shouting "Happy Birthday!" and reminding everybody we had cupcakes.
  • My own pool.
  • Freezies after swimming.
  • A parade...with horses and tractors and princesses and clowns and candy.  Lots of candy.
  • Fireworks.
  • Waking up with Mama and Papa in the same room as me.
  • Going to the zoo.
  • Having lots of extra people to love on me.
So, that was our trip in a nutshell.  We're mostly unpacked and I'm sure I could dig out the camera and share some more photos...but my brain hasn't quite gotten out of vacation mode yet.  Maybe soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...