Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Vacated

Riu Bachata beach, Dominican Republic
{photo source}

Gotta love auto-post.

No, I'm not anywhere quite that sandy or pretty...but in my eyes, my parents' Minnesota farm is just as beautiful.

As this posts, it'll be my birthday.  I'll be waking up on my first overnight getaway with the Professor since our Pookie was born. Nothing fancy, just a hotel in a nearby town with a pool, room service...and plenty of quiet.  Then lunch at the only Chinese place the Professor trusts and back to the farm for the same angel food cake my mom has always made to mark my birthday.

Ten days of family, food, rest, and escape from the daily grind.  I'm bound to get out of my rut and come back ready to tackle the world.

Hope you have a wonderful 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...