Saturday, March 23, 2013

Link Love on a Saturday

I adore blogs; I read too many, too much.  I've backed off, but I've still run across a few things this week that I can't help but share.  I typed "Happy reading!" but then thought that much of this ain't all that happy...

After Steubenville: What Our Sons need to know about Manhood by Ann Voskamp reminds us of the need to raise sons who value women as people and not objects.

Victoria's Secret is coming for your Middle Schooler ...well-timed, VS, well-timed.  Because just as we have a national story and discussion about teens and drinking and who's to blame when these things go wrong--this is the perfect time to start peddling panties to preteens.

Raising Daughters in a World That Devalues Them: 7 Things We Must Tell Them is more applicable to me as a mother of girls than Ann Voskamp's piece (although maybe I'll have boys someday).  My girls are just babes, but they still need to hear these things--and I need to be practiced in saying them.

And this is a letter from a blogger to her daughter about mama bodies being beautiful.  Because they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...